It’s credit card Christmas, as a remarkable three airline cards are offering 50,000 mile sign-up bonuses. We’ll occasionally get one or two at the same time, but we rarely have three simultaneously.
Credit Card Bonanza
You’ve got several choices if you want an enhanced bonus, so I’d take advantage of it now. Among your choices:
- Southwest Airlines. The Rapid Rewards card will not only give you 50,000 sign-up points, worth about $75,000 in Southwest travel, but also get you halfway to the Southwest Companion Pass, which will let a companion travel with you for free for an entire year.
- American Airlines: The Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select will earn you 50,000 miles for the sign-up bonus. It also has a bunch of other goodies and refunds 10% of your redeemed miles each year, up to 10,000.
- United Airlines just upped the bonus for the Explorer card to 50,000 miles. It offers most of the same perks as the others but also gets you two one-time passes to the United Club each year on your anniversary.
But The Best Card Of Them All Hasn’t Changed
In a world where you are airline-agnostic, the best airline credit card is the JetBlue Plus Card. The sign-up bonus is 30,000 points and each point is worth about 1.5 cents. You can use TrueBlue points on any flight with an open seat and the card gives amazing rewards:
- 6 points per $ on JetBlue purchases (2 at restaurants and grocery stores, 1 at all others)
- You receive up to 9 points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights (at least 3 base points, 3 for booking online, 3 if you have Mosaic status).
- JetBlue refunds 10% of your spent points each year.
In other words, purchase a ticket on JetBlue and you’ll receive up to 15 points per dollar spent on the cheapest fares. at 1.5c each, that’s a 22.5% rebate. Throw in the 10% refund of points each year and your rebate on JetBlue purchases can be as high as 25%.
Want to subscribe? Just enter your email in the box above (and to the right) and click on the confirmation. GMailers, check your Social or Promotions boxes!
Follow me on Twitter @FFMiles101 or share with the Facebook button below.
And finally, you can apply for credit cards through the Credit Cards for Charity link above. All card proceeds are donated to charity, so please do well by doing good!